Team MFactory Taller 5th Gear for T50 Transmissions
Share this part with a friend in need!
- Fixes the small spread between 4th and 5th gear on AE86/RWD Corolla transmissions
- Ratio changes from 0.87 to 0.737
- Includes 5th gear set - Main shaft and lay shaft
- Version 2, with quieter gear angles for OEM like drivability
- Alleviates "4.77 syndrome" when cruising on the freeway
- Drops RPM by several hundred in 5th Gear
- Limited Quantities on hand
Many years ago MFactory reached out to the AE86 community for input on a taller 5th gear to solve the issue of having too high of RPM in 5th gear, especially when using popular final drive ratios.
The T50 has a very short .87 5th gear, which already causes high RPM on the freeway with stock gearing. Enthusiasts often install shorter 4.77 final drives to increase overall performance, but this often leaves the cars with very annoying engine speed on the freeway.
At 65 MPH with 195/50/15 tires, one can expect to see an RPM reduction as follows:
Stock OEM 5th Gear:
3.9 = 3450 RPM
4.1 = 3600 RPM
4.3 = 3750 RPM
4.7 = 4150 RPM
MFactory 0.77 5th Gear:
3.9 = 2900 RPM
4.1 = 3050 RPM
4.3 = 3200 RPM
4.7 = 3600 RPM
The MFactory 5th gear is a direct replacement and does not require any additional components. We do highly recommending purchasing this together with our AE86 GR Heritage Input Shaft !
*Professional installation recommended*