Martelius x BGRS AE86 Group. A Fast Road / Track Header for 16V and 20V 4AGEs
Battle Garage and Martelius Collaboration Header for hot AE86's
- Suits 16V and 20V 4AGE's in LHD and RHD layouts
- Fits with 16V distributor and with power steering
- 4-2-1 design developed for competitive rally events enables broadest power band
- Long secondaries promote a strong mid-range without choking the top-end
- Optimized for engines outputting up to 180 bhp
- Spec'd by Battle Garage for our customers with O2 sensors in the factory position - no extending of the O2 sensor wires needed! Extra wideband O2 sensor bung included as well
- Bolts up to catalytic converter in factory position, if desired.
- Thinwall steel construction
- Comes black ceramic coated for heat management and performance
For some time Battle Garage had been working on our own header. There was even a prototype header that was built! But when we found out about the Martelius header, it was so close to our ideal design, we decided to drop our product and work with Martelius instead!
For the USA Market, we have spec'd the header to bolt up to the cat in the factory location, or to cat back systems. In addition, the factory O2 sensor normally needs to be extended when using this header. We have spec'd the O2 sensor to be located in the factory position for a plug and play install on a stock setup. We also requested a 2nd bung installed at the end of the collector for our performance minded customers that wish to accurately monitor their air to fuel ratios after the 2-1 merge with a wideband O2 sensor.
Why do we think this header is ideal for most 4AGE owners?
This header has been designed to get as much power under the curve as possible while still letting the engine breathe up high. This is important for hill climbs, rally, drifting, and even street driving (in areas without pollution control of course) as the car can go from falling flat on it's face at 3K rpm, to pulling well with a properly spec'd header. For instance, some may have noticed that after installing any one of the commonly available 4-1 headers, the car was much weaker than stock below 5K rpm, and maybe pulled a bit better up high. Maybe. Or, a 4-2-1 header was purchased, but the tubes were far too large, secondaries too short, and the car still was dead below 5K? Exhaust primaries and secondaries are critical, folks. Just trust us when we say that this is a pretty good starting point for people wanting the most overall power out of their 4AGEs.
Note: For ease of shipping and installation, this header comes in 3 pieces and is just slipped together, then bolted in place. Also, to give the user the option of using either the factory O2 sensor, or the wideband O2 sensor, two sensor ports are provided. The factory O2 sensor port can easily be opened up with a power drill before use.
Regarding Martelius R1 high-rise header - we may stock this in the future but it is ONLY suitable for full race engines with 290 duration cams or greater!
We Also Recommend