Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel 2000-2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Share this part with a friend in need!
Flywheels are necessary but they cause parasitic horsepower loss. You can reduce this effect by replacing your MR2 Spyder flywheel with a lightweight one, such as Fidanza's aluminum flywheel.
Fidanza's aluminum flywheel for the MR2 Spyder is around 37% lighter than the standard flywheel. This doesn't change how much horsepower your engine produces but frees up additional horsepower that would otherwise be consumed by a heavier flywheel. The lighter weight also means a lower Moment of Inertia (MOI) for better throttle response.
This is the perfect upgrade if you've done some performance modifications and want to free up additional horsepower, or if you're in the process of replacing other driveline components and want to get more done while you're at it.
- Heat-treated friction plate for optimum grip and durability. Friction plates are bolt-ons and replaceable.
- Replaceable hardened 1050 steel ring gear.
- Balanced weight; not too light that it will cause idling and other driving issues.
- Weight: 10.05 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 14.5 x 2.5 inches.
- Limited Fidanza warranty for defects in material and workmanship.
- Requires a break-in period of up to 300 miles. Normal city driving only during this period; abuse or overheating can cause clutch failure.