Verus Engineering Full Brake Cooling Kit - Toyota GR86
Share this part with a friend in need!
The Verus Engineering Full Brake Cooling Kit is configured in an OEM style format, with emphasis on the shortest route possible. Using a 3D printed carbon nylon inlet in place of the OEM radiator guides, a well-formed duct in the inner fender line, and a stainless backing plate with carbon ducting air to the center of the rotor, this is the brake cooling kit to have. The kit comes with everything necessary for an install, including pre-cut hoses. The OEM washer fluid reservoir *cannot be* retained!
During the design process; we utilized in-house scan data to design the components. This resulted in a product that features a near OEM fit and finish. This kit is specific to the GR86 front bumper.
The Verus brake cooling kit was designed for owners looking to maximize their brake's cooling efficiency and increase their brake's ability to do their job.
- Direct Air into the Center of the Rotor
- Stainless Backing Plate Adds Even More Airflow into Center of the Rotor
- OEM Type Install
- Installs in a Few Hours With Minimal Hand Tools and Know-How
- Short Routing to Maximum Cooling Efficiency
- Pulls Air from High-Pressure Zone in Front Bumper
- Stainless Backing Plate
- Dry Carbon Air Duct
- Hard Plastic Fender Ducts (Pancake Duct)
- 3D Printed Carbon Nylon Inlet Duct
- Pre-cut 3" and 2.5" Brake Duct Hose
- All Necessary Hardware Included
- Made in the U.S.A.
Via tuft testing and thermal image testing, it is clear that the brake cooling kit is highly effective even when used with the OEM rotors which have quite small vanes when compared to those of big brake kits. Smaller vanes will hurt flow and cooling due to the reduced size. With the brake cooling kit, the rotors remained much cooler directly after applying the brakes as well as after a short drive without using the brakes. It is also apparent that at high rates of speed, the brake cooling kit does significantly more than at lower speeds. This makes a lot of sense as the kit works by using frontal ambient air and funneling it into the center of the rotor. At higher speeds, pressure and flow rates are greater than at low speeds. We have heard reports back from customers tracking their cars having reduced brake fade, reduced rotor cracking, improved pad wear, and reduced brake fluid boiling. As a result, this is a great kit to help keep brake components at an appropriate temperature during competition and/or track days.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Backing Plate Incl. Carbon Ducts Riveted On (2, LH and RH)
- 2.5" Pre-Cut Silicone High Temp Brake Hose (2)
- 3.0" Pre-Cut Silicone High Temp Brake Hose (2)
- 3.0" Stainless Hose Clamp (4)
- 2.5" Stainless Hose Clamp (4)
- Fender Pancake Duct (2)
- 3D Printed Carbon Nylon Inlet Duct (2)
- Pancake Duct Bracket (2)
- Hardware Kit, Includes All Necessary Pieces to Install Kit Seamlessly