Battle Garage Haltech 4AGE 20V Plug and Play Kit
This product has been discontinued. Please contact us regarding our new kit being developed utilizing an even more powerful Elite Series Haltech ECU!
Battle Garage Racing Service original product
- Plug and Play Haltech Platinum Sprint 500 for 4AGE 20V
- For Blacktop and Silvertop 20V's
- All-inclusive base map - cold start, accel enrichment, cruise, and other maps developed by BGRS specifically for 4AGE 20V engines
- Suites AE86, MR2, KE70, MGB, Sunbeam, Locost, and more!
Customer car running the BGRS Haltech ECU!
What is included in the box?
- Haltech Sprint 500 ECU, software CD, USB interface cable
- Patch Harness for 20V or Full Engine Harness for 20V with break out connectors for aux. output
- Haltech and Battle Garage installation manuals
Is your 20V swap slow? Getting poor fuel economy? Hesitating at partial throttle? While capable of making amazing sounds, most 20V swaps leave a lot to be desired. BGRS believes the OEM ECU to be the root cause of many of these issues.
Here is a dyno plot of typical gains you can expect after getting the ECU tuned, when compared to the factory ECU:
This plug and play kit is designed around the venerable Haltech Sprint 500 stand alone ECU. We chose Haltech because of its large support network, ease of use, and its reliability. This kit is intended to be used with a Silvertop or Blacktop 4AGE 20V Engine and is available with a patch harness or with a full engine bay harness. Drivability and ease of installation are the key benefits of this kit and proprietary base map. Once installed and with final tuning done by your local tuner, your 20V should really wake up and pull very hard.
Why do we recommend ditching the OEM ECU on a 20V? Typically the OEM Blacktop ECU does a poor job providing ultimate power and fuel economy due to faulty ECU’s, and possibly faulty knock circuitry that constantly pulls timing. The silvertop ECU requires a restrictive air flow meter. Furthermore, if you wish to modify your engine with larger cams, boost, etc, the OEM ECU will no longer work.
BGRS has created this kit more out of passion than for monetary gain. For the years we have been in business, we were tired of seeing enthusiasts throw out 20V engine in favor for Honda swaps, BEAMS swaps, etc, because the 20V wasn’t delivering the goods or never running correctly with the OEM ECU. The answer has always been “Stand alone ECU”. But the cost of a custom stand alone install from scratch is outrageous…until now.
Our kit supports these aux. outputs and inputs by default with the included break out connectors
- Closed loop control via Wideband and Narrow Band
- Toyota Idle Air Valve control (open loop)
- OEM 20V Coil or Toyota/Honda Coil on Plug Ignition (COP not included)
- Fuel Pump, Radiator Fans, VVT are all controlled and configured in this kit
- Additional outputs for turbo, NOS, etc. can be configured by your tuner
- Full installation manual written by Battle Garage:
Step-by-step guide instructions included.
Please choose between ECU kit with your choice of harness - patch harness for use with 20V engine wiring for an already running 20V swap, or full engine harness for new wiring and new 20V sensor connectors. You may also choose the kit without the BGRS base map and have your tuner do the installation and tuning.
Regarding closed loop O2 control: This kit supports your OEM narrowband O2 sensor but we recommend purchasing this Wideband O2 sensor so you can have full closed loop control at any RPM and throttle input. This will help ensure your engine runs safely and smoothly at wide open throttle as well as cruise and idle (narrowband O2).
***Not for use on public highways of any kind. For race use only!***
Battle Garage Racing Service cannot provide free support unfortunately. Check with your tuner or Haltech USA for help with installation.
We Also Recommend